Qualified Mental Health Specialist
Location: Paulding, Ohio
Responsible for building and maintaining therapeutic relationships and providing basic outreach to a caseload of clients who have a history of severe and persistent mental illness and/or other drug abuse or dependence. Coordinates and participates in the preparation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP) for clients. Assists and supports the client in crisis situations. Offers support including education and consultation to family or significant others. Aids the clients in symptom monitoring and self-management of symptoms to facilitate appropriate adaptation. Assists in the development of skills for recovery and successful community living. Assists and supports the client in obtaining and utilizing the essential community resources as well as the involvement in positive relationships and activities within the community.
A Bachelor or Associate degree in social work or a related degree (psychology, sociology), and/or two years’ work experience in a related field.
A complete benefits package is available, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Mental Health/Alcohol Drug Clinician
Responsible for providing individual and group counseling, diagnostic services, crisis intervention, consultation, collateral and referral (as defined by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services)for the appropriate clients in this catchments area. This position will also provide Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment Services as directed by the Director of Clinical Services.
A Bachelor or Master degree in Social Work or Psychology or a related social science or counseling field. Licensure as a LSW, LISW, PC, PCC, RN, MRN, Psy. D., Phd., M.D. or the ability to immediately pursue such licensure.
A complete benefits package is available and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Cour Based Behavioral Health Clinician
Westwood Behavioral Health Center- Van Wert is seeking an individual to provide mental health and substance use disorder treatment to individuals involved in the adult criminal justice setting. The position requires good clinical skills and competencies to work with diverse populations and clinical issues. An active Ohio licensure as an LSW, LISW, PC, or PCC is required. The position is based in court and jail settings, and service are provided primarily in these settings as well. Some duties include: Completing diagnostic assessments, develop appropriate treatment plans, conducting individual and group treatment sessions, report writing, and collection and submission of data.
Deadline for submission of resumes is September 30, 2019.
RESUMES can be uploaded via our website @ westwoodbehavioral.org
or mailed to:
Westwood Behavioral Health Center, Inc.
Attn: Clinical Director
1158 Westwood Drive
Van Wert, Ohio 45891
• Conducts assessments and evaluations of mentally and emotionally disturbed clients and/or to document drug and alcohol related problems.
• Formulates treatment plans using a variety of intervention modalities and evaluates outcomes.
• Participates in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings.
• Conducts and participates in individual, family, and group therapy.
• Conducts parenting skills classes.
• Conducts substance abuse sessions for individuals and groups.
• Consults with court staff and participates in the development and monitoring of individual behavior plans.
• Conducts crisis intervention services.
• Provides consultation, education and training to court staff and other groups, including parents and other community members.
• Research and implement Best Practice treatment modalities.
• Coordinates services with other agencies.
• Maintains accurate and timely written records and statistics.
• Prepares and provides educational and informational materials for community distribution.
• May testify at hearing or in court.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and other restricted information.
• Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• Masters in Social Work, Counseling, or related licensable degree.
• Active Ohio licensure LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC.
• Valid driver’s license upon hire.
• CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
• May be subject to irregular work hours/schedules.
• Must submit to fingerprint and background examinations.
• Maintain required licenses and certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of psychotherapy and various treatment modalities.
• Knowledge of federal, State, and local regulations related to mental and behavioral health and substance abuse.
• Knowledge of medical terminology relating to mental and behavioral health treatment and substance abuse.
• Knowledge of addiction and the needs, attitudes, and behavior patterns of drug and alcohol involved individuals, groups and families.
• Knowledge of specific intervention and treatment techniques for the resistive forensic client.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
• Knowledge of facilitation and mediation processes.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to interview and collect information effectively from resistive clients in a secure setting.
• Ability to gather, record, and evaluate assessment data and formulate treatment plans.
• Ability to establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of clients and co-workers.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to audiences of various social, cultural, ethnic, educational and economic backgrounds.
Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; and/or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read/drive; hear and speak to communicate with customers in person and over the phone.
Work is performed in an office setting. Periodically services will be performed inside the confinement of a correctional facility.